Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, October 25, 2008

25 October 2008

I know, I know, original title huh. I'm obviously not in my best witty form today ;) I was supposed to have some more photos from Brooke's birthday today, but haven't actually managed to do that yet. Her party was on Saturday, but her actual birthday was Sunday. After opening more presents on Sunday morning, we left the biggest for last, and took her outside to see the new trampoline. She was stoked. Gave this little half-embarrassed, shy "whaaaat? For meeeee?". Then proceeded to jump to her hearts delight. The tramp is actually for Brooke AND Elisa's birthday presents, since Elisa's birthday is at the end of November. Elisa doesn't quite have the knack of jumping with both feet off the ground yet, so she prefers running around the tramp, giving us a heart attack whenever she goes too fast and almost off the edge. It was a good purchase though, and the girls love it, using it at least a dozen times a day.

Yesterday Brooke decided she wanted a new Polly doll. Her old one was dirty, ragged and worn, and stitches were missing. I got a new Polly from it's hiding place in the scraproom, and hid it in my dressing gown. I then asked Brooke for old Polly, turned around and pretended to fix the doll. After a minute I said "All done", turned back around and gave Brooke the new Polly, all bright, shiny and new. She was astounded. "What did you DO Mum?! Was she inside OUT??". ROFL, she totally didn't realise it was a different Polly. I told her this was her last Polly (we're onto number 3 now). When this one wears out, that's it.

And just last night she cracked me up again. Now keep in mind we live in the NORTH Island of New Zealand:

Mum: "What jammies are you going to wear tonight?"
Brooke: "Well it's supposed to go down to 6 degrees tonight! So I better wear my winter jammies." (Said after hearing the weather report on the news about the temperature in the SOUTH Island).

I've managed to do another couple of layouts too:


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful layouts and those comments crack me up. It is so funny what kids fall for when they are little :-)

Melissa said...

LOL - kids are so funny. I agree a trampoline is the best gift, we got one for our's a few years ago and I reckon it's the most used thing they have. Beautiful layouts.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your bloggy visit. Hi from Ireland.

Beautiful layouts.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your bloggy visit. Hi from Ireland.

Beautiful layouts.

Nyka74 said...

beautiful little girls, amazing layouts and really wonderful blog!

Anonymous said...

First time here.... love those layouts, WOW!! And what beautiful little girls.... their smiles are priceless :) :)

Jeannette said...

I miss our trampoline. It entertained our kids (and the all the neighborhood kids! lol) for hours. I love your designs. Great eye for composition and color.

Tiffani K said...

the comments are tooo cute!Gorgeous layouts!

*Christie* said...

That middle LO is awesome, I have not seen a page done like that and now I MUST make one!!!!