
For family home evening on Monday nights, we try to teach our girls something. Sometimes it's gospel related, other times it's practical life skills. This week I thought I'd have Brooke make dinner all by herself, with only verbal instructions from me. She loved the idea, and took to it like a fish to water. We had a pretty easy menu for her first time. Steamed veges, rice and crumbed fish, followed by instant pudding with sprinkles for dessert. The girls quite often help me in the kitchen, but they've not really had the opportunity to do dinner by themselves. Brooke did SO well, and the end result was really yummy. She's already planning her next meal. It was going to be tonight, but she woke up at 4.30am this morning feeling pretty miserable, and hasn't eaten all day. I will let Elisa cook a dinner later in the week.
Brooke is not usually a sick kid, so I knew she was really unwell this morning when she wouldn't let me leave the room to do anything. That and she just looked terrible too. She had a massive headache that wouldn't ease with Pamol, and a sore stomach. Her temp was 38C. After we'd dropped Elisa to kindy we had heaps of snuggles and cuddles, and she eventually fell asleep on the couch next to me. I took her to the Doctors at 11am and he said it looked like a viral illness (checking for, then ruling out meningitis). He did say to bring her back in if she didn't improve in the next 4 hrs, but after a 2.5 hr sleep after lunch she seemed to be a little better.
I have a Primary Presidency meeting tonight at the chapel, and will have to take the kids with me. Hopefully Brooke will be OK. She's pretty happy right now just sitting watching TV. Funny that.










3 comments:
Always love the kids interviews. Nice to know what they are thinking about things.
You should have asked for a babysitter for tonight instead of having to take the girls with you. I was going to come up today to see Pat and bring back Elisa's bike but Pat didn't answer the phone so I stayed home. Next time if someone is not well, please call.
I'm so sorry to hear that Brooke isn't feeling well. I hope she gets on the mend quickly. Dinner sounds YUMMY! Well done, Brooke! Love the LOs!
hey.. Congrats brooke.. :) happy 2 noe dat u cuk well.. m sure u wud b well by nw.. Its been a mnth.. :) nywz 2 ua mom d author f d blog.. we must say dat u ve an awsm blog.. sweet.. :) keep bloggin..!!!!
Post a Comment