Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July

You know, when you leave it so long between blog posts, you kind of forget what it was you actually did since the last post.

I've been working steadily the past couple of weeks, relieving in 4 different kindys, and doing 4 days straight at Elisa's kindy during the first week of the school holidays. Their cook was on holiday, so I took over her duties. What an exhausting job. It was non stop preparing, cooking, washing up, etc for up to 50 kids. I could easily go the whole day without a 5 minute break or even lunch - there was just so much to do. Although I could take my half hour lunch whenever I wanted, I never managed to do it before 2pm, and even then, I would go back to the kitchen to get the next meal started well before my half hour was up. I don't know how the regular cook does it. And I was working with an EASY menu!

Brooke and Elisa went down to Hamilton for the first week of the holidays. They had the most fabulous time with the McAnnalleys, Grace and Nanny and Papa. Thanks to everyone for having them.

While Brooke was at the McAnnalleys she lost a tooth. It had been wiggly for the LONGEST time. She was stoked to get a dollar from the tooth fairy when she got home. I reused a layout I'd made for hubby and I, to record the occasion. You'll see our version further down the post.

Hubby and I managed to get out that week and see the latest Harry Potter movie. It was good, but not as good as I'd expected it to be. I think I listened to too much hype about it. Was nice to have a date night though.

On the Saturday hubby and I drove down to get the girls. We visited with his Mum and the Kemps before picking up Emmy and Leah and coming back to Auckland. You'd think the kids would've been sick of each other by then, but apparently not. They played beautifully the whole 3 days we had them. Was a pity the weather wasn't nicer (we had a bit of a polar blast come through), but the kids didn't seem to care. We visited the Auckland War Memorial Museum which was really good. And tiring. So much to see. The older girls enjoyed the volcano simulation. Brooke in particular as her class had been studying volcanoes all term. I didn't let Elisa view that since it was quite scary for littlies (thanks for the warning Yvette). Here are the 4 of them standing outside one of the olden day houses at the museum:

Last night I had a Primary Board Meeting to go to. All but one or two of our board turned up which was just wonderful. We went with a Christmas in July theme, and decorated the room accordingly. I made the invitations, and also the teacher appreciation gifts which were very well received. (Sorry Sister Hadfield for spelling your name wrong! Totally didn't notice until it was time to hand the invites out, even though I'd photographed it half a dozen times.) We had a lovely meeting, and hopefully our board are assured of our love and appreciation for them and the wonderful work they do for our primary. I made snickerdoodles to go in the little containers, and wrapped a chocolate bar to pretty it up for them too.






I managed to do a couple of hybrid projects since the last post. A magnet activity for the whiteboard, a notepad for Brooke's teacher, and an under the sea mobile for Elisa:






And I did a few layouts. The last 3 of Hannahs pages were re-done from layouts I made for my girls last year.



















2 comments:

Wolfie said...

You have been a busy girl! Love all the new LOs but i especially love "Magic" You Looked gorgeous in your wedding gown!

mum said...

What a lot to look at and read. Really very interesting. The hybrid activities were great. Of course I love all the pages - hadn't seen the one of Ammon fishing,it's very cool! Hannah is such a delightful subject. Like the shot of Grace with your two and Elisa's pose in the next photo!
Love reading Brooke's answers to your questions.
Fabulous header at the top of the page by the way.