Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, October 24, 2009

A day in the sun

Being such a beautiful sunny day today, it demanded we be outdoors, so we took the girls for a bike ride this morning, then to Kariotahi Beach for the afternoon. Brooke and Elisa had a whale of a time in the sand, enjoying every second of it. The water was too cold even for paddling, but they were happy to play in the sand and on the little sand dunes. We had Subway and hot chips for dinner before heading home to hot showers and bed. It was a really lovely day. I love it when we do quality family activities. I'm not sure what the rest of the weekend will entail. DH has to work some of it, and the girls and I will go to church tomorrow, but other than that we'll just wing it.

I have a friend who's daughter is in Brooke's class at school. My friend has started an 8 week course to further her education and get a job as a health assistant, so she is dropping her two kids off at my place every school day morning at 8am in order to get to course on time. The kids all play together till 8.30am then we walk to school. It's no hassle for me since we have to drop Brooke off anyway. Anyway, tonight she came over and dropped off a beautiful bouquet of roses and a home baked fruit cake. I told her there was no need, but she wanted to say thankyou, so tonight I'm munching on the most delicious fruit cake (still warm from the oven) and feeling grateful that I'm in a position to help a friend when they need it.

Here are the layouts I've done since the last post.








4 comments:

Janferay said...

mmmm... why did I think Narra's only had about 2700???
I like the Bilpin layout. The fonts and layout of the title is great.
Leah loves her page.

mum said...

Janferay, you probably only noticed the ones on the west side of the river!
What an interesting assortment of pages today. I love them. Elisa is so sweet with her pronounciation. Leah's page is gorgeous and Logan looks his usual bunch of mischief.
The Bilpin pages get a lot of photos on 2 pages and I love the journalling.
I can just picture the day at the beach-relaxing and fun all round.
See you in a few days.

Yvette said...

What cool layouts - as usual. The photo of Logan is just typical of him; he's started to monkey around when a camera appears. The Bilpin layout is great too, what fab memories from that weekend. We had a good weekend, boys finally played on the waterslide they got for last Christmas! We also visited nana and Chris and my inlaws, and Nikita stayed a night. Then Gaz got home yesterday and surprised the boys by picking them up from kindy and school. I was at work in Manukau and actually saw his plane fly past my building on the way to land at the airport. Was funny thinking he was a few hundred metres away in the air!

Sharon Dale (aka skyezak) said...

Jacinda, your layouts always amaze me. Loving those two where you've used a plastic pocket - how unique! And I love that you use green a lot in your pages, a very calming colour :)