So DH is away at the moment, and true to form, something pops up that requires us to make a midnight dash to the Emergency Room again. Why do these things always happen when he's away! Elisa's breathing got quite labored last night, and she was waking crying and coughing every 15 minutes since 7.30pm. Poor little mite. By 11pm her cough had a barking quality to it, and I wondered whether her tonsils were partially blocking her airway or something. I debated whether to call my sister to come stay with Brooke, but ended up just taking her with us to the ER. Told her it was a midnight adventure, which she was all for. We left around midnight, and pushed our way through all the Friday night yobbos in the ER to go straight through to the kids unit. Turns out that yes, Elisa has croup again. This is her 3rd time. The Dr gave her some steroid medicine to open her airways again, and we were back home in our beds by 2.30am. I'm glad it's only a 20 minute drive to the hospital because I was so tired coming home, it was an effort to keep my eyes open and on the road.
So...now my poor baby has an ear infection, tonsillitis, croup, and conjunctivitis (that just appeared last night too). She woke at 6.30am this morning for a bottle, and went straight back to sleep. Brooke got up at 7.30am as usual. I'm thinking an afternoon nap might be instore for us all today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Awwww, poor liitle girl and poor mum too! Iope the meds all kick in quickly and Elisa get well very quickly. Try to rest when you can. I know it's hard with two little girls and with Ken being away. I just wish I lived close-by so I could lend you a helping hand or two.
Oh dear what a midnight adventure - glad you all made it back OK and here's for a very speedy recovery for you all :)
Ohhh poor thing, that's so much to go through. I'm sure that her meds and lots of love from mommy will get her back on track soon.
I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog : )
Thanks for popping in for a visit ~ so sorry to read about your ER run and will say a prayer for you and your little one!
You have some fabulous galleries, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you ~ stop by the blog any time!!!!
Wow - New Zealand - I've had a hankering to go there ever since LOTR . . . the scenery is just incredible. I'm gonna follow you on my blog . . .
Well, gotta run! TTYL! Cheryl
OH MY GOODNESS! That sounds no fun. Now I am scared something like that is gonna go on here. BLAH!! I am gonna lysol the computer. LOL Just kidding. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope the get well bug gets there soon.
Post a Comment