We had such a good time rock climbing today. (And by "we" I mean Brooke and Aron). The whole facility was just fabulous, and there were so many themed walls the kids could choose to climb (and a ton of 'regular' walls for the adults). Brooke did really well, climbing right to the top of a couple of the walls. Aron, while not quite as confident, still climbed a good distance then would let go and allow the automated belay system to lower him to the ground. A couple of school holiday progamme groups came in while we were there, and things got a bit crowded for a while, but the kids never had to wait long for any of the walls to free up, and pretty much climbed continuously for over 2 hours. Elisa was ready for a nap as soon as we got there, but didn't sleep with all the noise and activity around her, and was mostly happy to sit and watch from the pram with her blankie.

I thought it was excellent value for money. This is one activity I would like to have a go at myself, and we will definitely come back and do this again as a family. It's been years since I had a go rock climbing.
Here's Brooke climbing the beanstalk, the Empire State Building (King Kong is at the top just out of view) and the Snakes and Ladders Wall.
Credits: Photo frames by Sylvia Laupitz (Fotosusu)
3 comments:
What did it cost for the kids? What about for an adult? Are they open every day? It looks like a fabulous activity to do.
Mum, click on the orange "Extreme Edge" link on the post below this one. It'll take you to their website. Preschoolers are only $7.50, and there's no set time frame when you have to leave. Usually it's $15 for kids under 15 years, and $20 for over 16 years. They're open every day from 10am to 10pm. And from what I can gather, anyone 3 years old and older can have a go climbing. Definitely worth it in my book.
Ryan piked out - probably because he didn't really know what rock climbing is. I'll show him these photos and convince him to go with Gaz and I. I can just picture Logan absolutely desperate to climb the walls himself, and knowing him, he'd probably do a much better job than Ryan!
Post a Comment