Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I guess you can tell from the lack of blog posts that things have been busy around here. Mid October hubby came home after six months away. I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to see him again. We were lucky while he was away (working) that he had access to skype, email and the telephone, so contact was regular, and the girls coped really well. We're into November now and the girls still stick to him like superglue, wanting to be near him, and play with him every spare moment.











Brooke turned seven on the 19th of October, and had a party with friends and family on the 30th.









A trip to the snow was something DH wanted to do for the girls, so we headed away for the weekend and had the most fabulous time. We weren't sure this late in the season if there would BE any snow, but there was plenty higher up the mountain, and we made good use of it with our new toboggan.




I seem to go through cycles of being totally organised, fading to mostly organised, then being disorganised. After a while of running ragged I sort myself out and get all organised again. This time I made a laminated clipboard to keep me focussed:



Like everyone else, we're really busy now with end of year activities, birthday parties, school trips, etc. Our calendar is quite full. It'll be nice when school finishes and we can slow down to enjoy the season. Elisa's birthday is tomorrow, which surprisingly has me a little stressed. Mainly I think because today we'll be at my Dad's retirement luncheon for most of the day, and not at home getting party stuff ready. I THINK I'm fairly organised, but we'll see.....

Best I get this post published so I can do a new post for Elisa's birthday. I'll leave you with my latest projects:



























7 comments:

mum said...

What fabulous pages. Wow you've done a lot. So happy for you being a complete family again. I laughed so hard remembering that present of Regan's. Guess he's more than made up for it with his generosity over the years since. Of course I love all the antics the grandkids get up too. We're so lucky we have you and your wonderful talents to record these moments. Thank you from all of us.

joelsgirl said...

You are an amazing scrapper!

Yvette said...

Love love love all your pages. I had to laugh about Regan's xmas gift too. I remember one year he gave me a single purple sparkly shoelace and a membership card, and most magnanimously made me a member of the "purple sparkly shoelace club". That was my gift - nothing else. Hmmmmmm. Gotta laugh though.... :-)

Janferay said...

Hahaha go Regan. I remember him giving someone Yvette's Dux cup - incase they never got it themselves. Was that you again JC??
I really like the page of Brooke's 7 years. I like how it's two pages angled apart. And the I DO one where again it looks like a 2 page spread. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Hello

You don't know me, I live in Sydney Australia. I just came accross your blog today and I wanted to let you know your scrapbooking pages look fantastic. I love your designs and colour combos and your photos are all terrific too. Fantastic work which has inspired me 100%.

Keep up the good work :)

Darcy said...

You blow me away with not only your talent but proficiency! It's great to see all the 'Daddy is home" layouts, too :)

Jen Strange said...

your layouts are AMAZING!!!!