Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Faking it

Elisa was so unwell yesterday that I took her to the Dr. She had fever, sore ears, throat, belly, legs and head. Her whole body ached, and I had to be really careful how I lifted her up to carry her, because she'd cry out that it hurt her skin. Even rubbing her gently on the back was painful. The Doctor had a look, found a viral rash on her torso (that I swear wasn't there an hour earlier), and said she most likely had Influenza. No real treatment except Pamol, fluids and rest. No worries. Took her home, put her to bed where she slept for 3 hrs straight. She'd already napped for 90 minutes before the Dr's appointment too. Poor poppet was still not happy when she woke up, but after a dose of Pamol, was happy to watch TV while I got dinner ready. As the night progressed she perked up more, and was a fair bit chirpier by bedtime. She slept well, only waking once for a drink, and was right as rain this morning. Really. 100% better. The only hangover being a runny nose. Whew! I kept her home from Kindy today just in case she lost steam as the day went on, but she's been fine. Didn't even sleep this afternoon when I put her to bed for an hour.

Yay for prayers being answered. :)

2 comments:

mum said...

So happy that things have turned out okay. It's such a worry when the little ones are sick. Going to the doctor helps reassure you, doesn't it? Have a good weekend.

ChloƩ said...

So glad she's feeling better! I'll send her more healthy vibes!